Ciao! I’m Liz, a
junior senior former student This last Spring 2012 semester I have been was blessed with the amazing opportunity to study abroad in Florence, Italy with some good friends at an Italian international institute. I ‘m was fulfilling the core Liberal Arts credits required by my college in the best learning environment ever–while immersed in the curriculum/culture itself:
- Literature — Reading memoirs, diaries and novellas of great Italian writers
- History — Studying the social world of Renaissance Italy
- Architecture/Fine Arts — Observing and sketching the built environment of Florence and its history
- Italian language — Learning Italian while living amongst Italians
- Italian cooking — …Need I say more?
I originally kept this travel blog for three purposes: 1) Update family & friends, 2) document memories, and 3) share experiences. Now that I’ve returned to the US, I would like to upkeep this blog from time to time for three new purposes:
- Help myself transition back
- Share the wonderful memories, photos and insight
- Relate the knowledge I’ve acquired; Integrate the life lessons I’ve learned
Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoy my travel blog!